Date:      Tue, 5 Aug 2003 10:31:01 -0400
From:      Barney Wolff <barney@databus.com>
To:        Edwin Groothuis <edwin@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bpf, ipfw and before-and-after

On Tue, Aug 05, 2003 at 11:39:23PM +1000, Edwin Groothuis wrote:

> Now my question to you guys is, does what I want or what I describe
> here make a little bit sense? Or am I totally going the wrong way?
> Or has this topic already been discussed multiple times and decided
> not to do it? Maybe there is somebody thinks this is a cool thing
> and wants to help me with adding it to the system?

Seems to me that with ipfw logging and tcpdump packet selection this
is largely a non-issue.  We should be wary of adding complexity to
what's already at the limits of human comprehension.

Now if somebody wanted to add the ability to dump the complete packet
to ipfw ...  :)

--
Barney Wolff         http://www.databus.com/bwresume.pdf
I'm available by contract or FT, in the NYC metro area or via the 'Net.