Date:      Fri, 7 Feb 2003 17:23:30 +0200
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
To:        "Jacques A. Vidrine" <nectar@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Daniel Ellard <ellard@eecs.harvard.edu>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: finding changes from one release/patch level to another?

--p2kqVDKq5asng8Dg

On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 09:36:58AM -0600, Jacques A. Vidrine wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 09:26:49AM -0500, Daniel Ellard wrote:
> >=20
> > Something slightly broke the em (gigabit ethernet) driver between
> > 4.6.2p4 and 4.6.2p6, and I'm trying to figure what the change was so I
> > can back it out on my machine.  In 4.6.2p6 almost everything works,
> > but programs that push the device (such as netperf) can hang.  The
> > same program running on other ethernet devices (fxp, xl) works fine.
> > This happens on several machines, and they were all running correctly
> > before I updated them, so I doubt that it is a hardware problem.
> >=20
> > I don't see any changes for the em driver source itself between p4 and
> > p6, and the announced differences between these patch levels don't
> > look related, but something must have changed. =20
>=20
> It seems awfully unlikely that the changes between 4.6.2p4 and 4.6.2p6
> have anything to do with your problem.  I think you are probably barking
> up the wrong tree.
>=20
> > Is there a
> > straightforward way to track down all the source code differences
> > between p4 and p6 (or any arbitrary pair of patchlevels)?
>=20
> Check out the RELENG_4_6 branch.  Then run e.g.
>=20
>     cvs -q diff -j 'RELENG_4_6:2002/10/28' -j 'RELENG_4_6:2003/01/08'

Argh.. this is "the third, obvious solution" that I missed in my other
mail :)  The fact that the branches are not tagged does not prevent a
cvs diff, of course it doesn't!

G'luck,
Peter

--=20
Peter Pentchev	roam@ringlet.net	roam@FreeBSD.org
If the meanings of 'true' and 'false' were switched, then this sentence wou=
ldn't be false.

--p2kqVDKq5asng8Dg

--p2kqVDKq5asng8Dg--