Date:      Tue, 18 Jul 2000 10:08:44 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        "Brandon DeYoung" <brandon@schoolpeople.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Gigabit over copper?

Brandon DeYoung writes:
 > Is this actually a reality now? I've found several folks are selling switches, but who is making/selling cards? And what's the word on FreeBSD drivers?

Our 30 Alteon cards copper cards and Extreme Summit 7i switch arrived
this morning.

The FreeBSD if_ti driver will (hopefully) require only minor
modifications to work with these cards (update to the latest family of
firmware, change media bits in the driver).  I'll be running the
changes by Bill if/when I get them working.

Cheers,

Drew