Date:      Wed, 2 Feb 2005 16:00:36 +0000
From:      Alex Burke <alexjeffburke@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD STABLE <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD 4.11 kernel panic

Hi,

Firstly thank you for your help with my other problem on 5.3. This one
is slightly more distressing to me and concerns 4.11-STABLE.

I was trying to install FreeBSD 4.11 on the server mentioned in
theother article because of some stability advice about 5.3, and I
started getting odd probelms.

Firstly, the installation program kept stopping after it had
downloaded a little or none of the base distribution from the FreeBSD
ftp servers (ftp.freebsd.org and ftp./uk.freebsd.org were both tried).

After a number of restarts, the installation got further until at the
bottom of the main console I saw the following (I am guessing the
first word should be panic, but):

anic: vwakeup: neg numoutput
syncing disks...ips: WARNING: command timeout. Adapter in toaster
mode, resetting to knwon state
ips0: reinitializing adapter, this could take several minutes.
ips0: syncing config
ips0: ERROR: unable to get command! cant sync cache!
ips0: adapter clear failed
ips0: AIEE! adapter reset failed, giving up and going home! Have a nice day.

Should I report this as a bug? I am not sure because I dont know what
vwakeup is.

Thanks in advance for your help, Alex Burke.