Date:      Mon, 12 Feb 2001 08:09:27 -0400
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?Benjam=EDn?= Rivalta <rivalta@prtc.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Unable to install FreeBSD 4.2

February 12, 2001

I recently purchased the FreeBSD 4.2 CDs and have been trying to install
it on my Sony VIAO 300mhz celeron computer. I have 48M of RAM.
Previously I was running LINUX, Caldera distribution on the second
partition of my 6.4G hard drive. I uninstalled LINUX, since I only
wanted the FreeBSD 4.2 OS as the second system on my machine. My first
OS is MS Windows, version 98.

The problem is that I can not get the installation program to activate
the partition and to make the root and other directories that the
installation program needs to install FreeBSD.

Please tell me if this has to do with the previous LINUX partition or
that maybe I am doing something wrong.

Thank you,

Benjamín