Date:      Fri, 14 Jul 1995 02:32:15 +0400 (MSD)
From:      =?KOI8-R?Q?=E1=CE=C4=D2=C5=CA_=FE=C5=D2=CE=CF=D7?= aka "Andrey A. Chernov, Black Mage" <ache@astral.msk.su>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, Frank Bartels <knarf@nasim.cube.net>
Subject:   Re: diffs and checksums

In message <3u446o$oih@nasim.nasim.cube.net> Frank Bartels writes:

>I always wondered why all the patches are context and not unified
>diffs.  Unified diffs are much more readable and easier to edit. I
>always read the diffs before doing the make and I sometimes disagree
>with some (configuration) settings and want to edit the patches.

I always wondered why some of the patches are unified and not context
diffs.  Context diffs are much more readable for human eye. I
always read the diffs before doing the make and I sometimes disagree
with some (configuration) settings, unified diffs makes this task
more difficult.

--
Andrey A. Chernov        : And I rest so composedly,  /Now, in my bed,
ache@astral.msk.su       : That any beholder  /Might fancy me dead -