Date:      Mon, 14 Dec 1998 11:36:08 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Crist J. Clark" <cjc@cc942873-a.ewndsr1.nj.home.com>
To:        des@flood.ping.uio.no (Dag-Erling Smorgrav)
Cc:        sue@welearn.com.au, ben@scientia.demon.co.uk, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cannot fork

Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote,
> Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au> writes:
> > When I was supposed to be limited to 64 processes, I couldn't run more
> > than about 44 as shown with ps. Not a problem though. There must be a
> > few things going on that ps (as I'm using it) doesn't show.
>
> Try 'ps -aux -U sue' (or whatever your login name is).

Not to be too nit-picky, but if 'sue' is executing that command, it is
kind of a funny way to do it (the 'a' switch adds all users and 'U'
then narrows it back down to just sue). Just do,

     ps -x

To get all of your own processes, add the 'u' if you want the more
detailed output.

If you are checking a third party's processes, again, the 'a' is
extraneous as well.