Date:      Tue, 20 May 2008 21:00:59 -0400
From:      Diane Bruce <db@db.net>
To:        David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
Cc:        Christian Weisgerber <naddy@mips.inka.de>, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: slide rules

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 04:14:38PM -0500, David Kelly wrote:
> On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 07:42:50PM +0000, Christian Weisgerber wrote:
> > Jim Capozzoli <saltmiser@gmail.com> wrote:
> Finally!
> Have been waiting for someone to find a FreeBSD-compatible sliderule!
>
> And this one is _so_ modern in using a virtual machine!

I've been meaning to reply to this thread, I have a slide rule or two,
but don't use them daily. I still know how to use 'em though. ;-)

> --
> David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@HiWAAY.net

Seeing your callsign reminded me of this one:
At the last homebrew night at http://www.oarc.net, one of the hams
brought in some homebrew sliderules made out of CD cases and blank
CD covers. I regret not bringing a camera and getting some photos.

- 73 Diane VA3DB (http://www.db.net/hamfreesbie)
--
- db@FreeBSD.org db@db.net http://www.db.net/~db