Date:      Mon, 18 Oct 1999 15:05:29 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Damien Joldersma <p00h@wcug.wwu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   configuring isa wavelan nic

Hello,

I'm trying to configure my DEC RoamAbout WaveLan card to work with my
router in a point to point link to my ISP over an yagii (sp?) antenna
which is about 1.5 miles away.

What I need to know (among many things) is how to change the frequency of
the card from what wlconfig reports (915MHz) to what my ISP told me to I
need (2.432GHz). Using wlconfig, I correctly set the nwid and the irq/io
are also configured properly.  The device comes up successfully.

I have the kernel configured:

options         WLCACHE         # enables the signal-strength cache
options         WLDEBUG         # enables verbose debugging output
device wl0 at isa? port 0x390 net irq ?

---------------------

bash-2.03# wlconfig wl0
Board type            : ISA
Base address options  : 0x300, 0x390, 0x3c0, 0x3e0
Waitstates            : 0
Bus mode              : ISA
IRQ                   : 10
Default MAC address   : 08:00:6a:2a:27:f3
Soft MAC address      : 00:00:00:00:00:00
Current MAC address   : Default
Adapter compatability : PCCARD or 1/2 size AT, 915MHz or 2.4GHz
Threshold preset      : 5
Call code required    : NO
Subband               : 915MHz/see WaveModem
Quality threshold     : 3
Hardware version      : 1 (Rel3)
Network ID enable     : YES
NWID                  : 0x4234
Datalink security     : NO
Databus width         : 16 (variable)
Configuration state   : unconfigured
CRC-16                : 0xcc9f
CRC status            : OK

Any help would be MUCH appreciated, pointers to web pages or other advice
would rule! :)

Thank you very much!

-Damien Joldersma

Stop this day and night with me and you shall possess the origin
  of all poems,
You shall possess the good of the earth and sun,
  (there are millions of suns left,)
You shall no longer take things at second or third hand, nor look
  through the eys of the dead, nor feed on the spectres in books,
You shall not look through my eyes either, nor take things from me,
You shall listen to all sides and filter them from your self.

--Walt Whitman
Leaves of Grass (Song of Myself)