Date:      Thu, 22 Jun 95 17:50:17 EDT
From:      evanc@synapse.net (Evan Champion)
To:        hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   FreeBSD as a router

I am looking to use FreeBSD as a router to route IP between 3 or 4
Ethernet segments (meaning 3 or 4 NICs).  I have a PCI 486 (Asus SP3G)
all line up for the job.  The only thing I need are some NICs.

My question: what are the best PCI Ethernet (10base2 at this time,
though combo cards would be appreciated) NICs available that work with
FreeBSD?

On top, if anyone has had any experiences (good or bad) with this sort
of a setup I'd like to hear about it.  While I'm sure many people
would suggest that I get a Cisco or a similar box to do the job, I
really can't justify the cost of one of those units in our small
business environment.  A PC running gated gives the best
price/performance ratio.

Evan
--
Evan Champion evanc@synapse.net * Visit our World Wide Web Server