Date:      Wed, 16 Jan 2002 02:15:01 -0700
From:      "John Nielsen" <nielsenj@cs.byu.edu>
To:        <stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   typo in man ed (4)

This is something that's bitten me on the two occasions I've needed to use
it, so I'm hoping it can get fixed.

In the CAVEATS section of the ed (4) manpage, it says this:

     16bit Compex cards identify themselves as being 8bit.  While these
cards
     will work in 8bit mode, much higher performance can be achieved by
speci-
     fying "flags 0x04" (force 16bit mode) in your kernel config file.  In
addi-
     tion, you should also specify "iosize 16384" to take advantage of the
extra
     8k of shared memory that 16bit mode provides.

If you put the word "iosize" in a kernel config file it produces a syntax
error.  It should be "iosiz" (without the 'e').

I'm not familiar with the procedure(s) for fixing typos like this, but if
one of you could enlighten me and/or just take care of it I'd be
appreciative.  Thanks,

JN