Date:      Sun, 9 Aug 2009 18:50:02 GMT
From:      "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/137368: x11-toolkits/libwnck: add menu option to configure dependence on x11/startup-notification

The following reply was made to PR ports/137368; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7@cox.net>
To: "Carlos A. M. dos Santos" <unixmania@gmail.com>
Cc: gnome@freebsd.org, bug-followup@freebsd.org, "Joe Marcus Clarke"
 <marcus@freebsd.org>
Subject: Re: ports/137368: x11-toolkits/libwnck: add menu option to configure
 dependence on x11/startup-notification
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2009 13:48:15 -0500

 On Sun, 09 Aug 2009 13:34:33 -0500, Carlos A. M. dos Santos
 <unixmania@gmail.com> wrote:

 > On Sun, Aug 9, 2009 at 2:56 PM, Joe Marcus Clarke<marcus@freebsd.org>
 > wrote:
 >
 >> libgnomeui doesn't make this optional.  I can understand removing the
 >> Python dependency, but startup-notification is quite light, and not
 >> updated very frequently.  I just don't see how this adds much bulk.
 >
 > You don't need libgnomeui to run Xfce, so startup notification can be
 > made optional for those who don't need/want to run GNOME. It is
 > already intended to be optional in x11/Terminal, the default Xfce
 > terminal emulator (and will *really* become optional, as soon as the
 > patch I sent in ports/137371 gets committed).

 I agree with marcus, the startup-notification is very small. What make you
 think that startup-notification is a GNOME application? It is a fd.org
 application.

 Cheers,
 Mezz

 --