Date:      Tue, 10 Dec 2002 15:47:40 -0700 (MST)
From:      Joe Loughry <loughry@applied-math.org>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, dim@xs4all.nl
Subject:   Re: RC1 sysinstall hang

> I wonder what is it trying to do with zip drives, that causes
> it to hang? Maybe it chokes on removable direct-access SCSI devices?

I had the same problem with 5.0-DP2, except it was a SCSI zip drive.  I
solved it by removing the zip SCSI card (mfg. by adaptec I believe) and
trying the installation again.  No problems at all with -DP2 or -CURRENT
after installation, as long as the SCSI card was not in the machine when
booting from kern/mfsroot floppies.  That was the only time it hangs.

-Joe