Date:      Tue, 24 Apr 2001 23:16:00 -0700
From:      "Hervey Wilson" <herveyw@dynamic-cast.com>
To:        <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   linux_base port - glibc-2.1.2-11.i386.rpm

(I'm not on this list at present, so please copy me on any reply)

I am trying to install the linux_base port and it needs glibc per the
subject line. make fetch fails to retrieve this file from all of the
servers, generally stating file not found (I believe that
ftp.freesoftware.com / ftp.freebsd.org have problems presently). It also
seems that a lot of the linux mirror sites are dropping RedHat 6.1 from
their servers and I have yet to locate the RPM - it's even not on
ftp://rpmfind.net.

First, can anyone provide a URI to this file ?
Second, are there updates in the works to the linux_base port ?

Thanks in advance,
Hervey.