Date:      Wed, 25 Feb 1998 11:20:33 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        "Alfred Perlstein" <perlsta@cs.sunyit.edu>
Cc:        <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: so how goes java?

> I'm kinda stuck here, i've got the latest version of the FreeBSD JDK from
> http://www.freebsd.org/java but it won't let me install the BDK (java beans
> devel kit)  i was wondering if anyone has had success?

You'd be alot better off sending this to freebsd-java.  In any case, I'm
looking at this right now.  The BDK that I have requires you to unpack
it under Solaris (it has Solaris binaries in it), so one of the problems
is due to that.

> bascally the VM crashes right after the splashscreen comes up for the
> installer program, if anyone is interested i have a dump of what goes wrong,
> it is always the same and always happens at the same point.

How did you get it to use the FreeBSD jre?

> oh, and last thing, are the threads implemented by our JDK pre-emptive or
> co-operative?

They are not pre-emptive.

Nate