Date:      Sun, 25 Mar 2001 10:13:40 -0500
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@iowna.com>
Cc:        mike <mikenoc@mindspring.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Samba issues

> After looking back over the samba config I do not see any place to add a password.

If you're using SWAT you can set it on the password screen. The earlier
suggestion works just as well.

> One more thing to auto start Samba at boot what would I have to do ??

Look in /usr/local/etc/rc.d
All scripts in this directory ending in .sh are executed at boot time
with the parameter "start" This is the standard way to start things like
samba. If you installed a port or package, you may have a
samba.sh.sample or similar file that you can simply rename.

-Bill