Date:      Sun, 17 Sep 2006 19:00:24 -0700 (PDT)
From:      backyard <backyard1454-bsd@yahoo.com>
To:        Ahmad Arafat Abdullah <trunasuci@mail.com>, "pobox@verysmall.org" <pobox@verysmall.org>, Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: how to apply a patch set

--- Ahmad Arafat Abdullah <trunasuci@mail.com> wrote:

> [...]

STABLE is the latest set of "patches" to the system.
It will change the tag from RELEASE from the install
to the STABLE set of patches versus the CURRENT set.
STABLE is the major ones you want. CURRENT is all of
them to date.

If you cvsup to RELEASE you will downgrade and end up
with what you started with when you installed from CD
or whatever was available when the RELEASE cd was
created for whatever system your getting.

-brian