Date:      Mon, 09 Mar 1998 23:41:14 -0500
From:      Hugh <hugh@aplcenmp.apl.jhu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Dell cdrom - ATAPI IDE

I have this Dell Dimensions XPS 233 at work.

I'd like to install off the CDROM (ATAPI IDE) and though it seems
to recognize it at boot-up, I can't seem to mount it.

I managed to get a barebones unix on the system with a install
from a DOS partition, but attempts to mount the CDROM still gives me
device I/O errors.

Is there hope?

Thanks,
any information would be greatly appreciated.

hugh@aplcenmp.apl.jhu.edu
hugh.philipp@HMX.honeywell.com