Date:      Thu, 10 Jul 2008 12:23:14 -0400
From:      Jimmie James <jimmiejaz@gmail.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org,  ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   vlc-devel  WxGTK switch to qt4

configure: error: The skins2 module depends on a the Qt4 development
package. Without it you won't be able to open any dialog box from the
interface, which makes the skins2 interface rather useless. Install the
Qt4 development package or alternatively you can also configure with:
--disable-qt4 --disable-skins2.

Who's bright idea was it to move from WxGTK to qt4?
http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=756874+0+current/cvs-ports
Fix volume bar position problem ?  USE_WX=2.6 fixed that issue.

Can anyone suggest a work around for us GTK2 users that doesn't require qt4?

--
Over the years I've come to regard you as people I've met.