Date:      Wed, 4 Dec 1996 10:27:21 +0100 (MET)
From:      robsch@robkaos.ruhr.de (Robert Schien)
To:        elrond@imladris.frmug.fr.net (Bertrand Petit)
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CD-DA possible?

> > I would like to do some digital audio extraction (with my
> > Toshiba 3701 SCSI CDROM reader) under FreeBSD-2.2.
> > Has anyone already done it?
>
> 	Yes, I've done it with a plextor PX-4XC with the 0xd8 scsi
> command. The result was higly jittered but this can be worked around
> (if time permits).
>
> 	Interesting: a support person at Plextor wrote to me that it
> was impossible de extract CDDA frames over SCSI but I've done it with
> a vendor command wich was introduced in Sony drives (I think).

Do you have a short piece of code? Or a script (for the scsi command)?
My knowledge of SCSI is still somewhat limited :-(

To the jittering: I have read in some newsgroups that the earlier
Plextor drives (4x)  had problems with extracting audio, but that
these problems disppeared in the 8x and 12x drives.

Robert