Date:      Mon, 29 Mar 1999 10:26:15 -0600
From:      "G. Adam Stanislav" <zen@buddhist.com>
To:        David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linux vs. FreeBSD: The Storage Wars

At 21:39 26-03-1999 -0600, David Kelly wrote:
>8M is more than plenty if its VIDEO RAM, but for core? 16M is the often
>quoted minimum. At work they'll only give me 24MB. Works. Netscape has
>to swap most every time I pull down a menu. But it works.

8M for video? Don't I wish! Got 1 M for that, upgradeable to 2 M.

I have since reinstalled the ports, the entire X11* part was somehow
missing. Yesterday I reinstalled X from the ports (before, I had it from
the distributions) and went back to twm. It was working for a while, much
longer than before, with just one xterm and the clock. The whole think
locked up when I clicked on the clock. Strange thing.

I could probably live with twm for now if it did not lose focus when the
mouse cursor moves out of the window. When I have some time, I'll have to
analyze its source code and see if I can modify it not to lose focus.

Adam
---
Want to design your own web counter?
Get GCL 2.10 from http://www.whizkidtech.net/gcl/