Date:      Mon, 28 Jun 1999 21:07:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Andrew N. Edmond (Nero)" <prez@flyingcroc.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   NIS across a subnet in 3.2-R?

I pillaged the FreeBSD mailing list archives as usual, and though there is
a lot of talk about NIS on FreeBSD supposedly being able to work, not one
mention in the 500+ posts I read through about it *actually working* :)

Though I tend to be someone that can setup NIS pretty quickly on a set of
machines that share broadcast traffic, in this instance, the machines that
will not communicate do not share broadcast traffic, and ypbind -S and
ypset simply do not contact the master server, by IP or net domain.

So, is there ANYBODY out there that has FreeBSD running NIS across
subnets?  At this point, I'd gladly give anybody that could prove it $50
just for saying so :)

.. andy