Date:      Mon, 29 May 2006 22:13:22 +0100
From:      Aren Olvalde Tyr <aren.tyr@gawab.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Missing devs...

--nextPart1993094.6C02bFMQhL

Hi

On Sunday 28 May 2006 21:42, Anders Troback wrote:

> In my usbd.conf I have:
>
> device "Sony Ericsson W810i"
>    devname "umass[0-9]+"
>    vendor  0x0fce
>    product 0xe042
>    attach "sleep 5 ; /sbin/mount -t msdos /dev/da1 /mnt ; /etc/rc.d/devfs
> restart"
>
> As I said, this works for me but it seams to be a bit stupid that this
> kind of workaround is needed...

Yes, indeed. I was thinking about doing a similar workaround, but surely th=
ere=20
must be a better way of doing this. We need a way for mount to automaticall=
y=20
probe the device for filesystems first before attempting to mount the slice.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Just out of interest, during bootup, what command is executed to probe the=
=20
devices? If I put a memory card in my reader before booting the system up,=
=20
the filesystem slices on the card are detected, the device node[s] are=20
created and I can mount it straight away.=20

This is the command I want, rather than having to run a mount command that =
we=20
know will fail just to create the nodes.

Aren.