Date:      Fri, 13 Jul 2001 23:20:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dima Dorfman <dima@unixfreak.org>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: docs/28958: nice(1) documentation incorrect

The following reply was made to PR docs/28958; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dima Dorfman <dima@unixfreak.org>
To: Sean Chittenden <sean@chittenden.org>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 23:14:44 -0700

 Sean Chittenden <sean@chittenden.org> writes:

 Please wrap lines at 72 characters.  Thanks.

 > 	The nice(1) man page seems to give incorrect usage of the
 > command.  nice --20 doesn't yield a priority of -20 (gives error
 > actually).  nice -20 give a niceness of -20.

 I bet you're using csh, aren't you?  csh has a 'nice' builtin with a
 completely differnet syntax than nice(1).  If you want to use the
 latter's syntax (as properly described in its man page), you can
 reference it as `/usr/bin/nice`.