Date:      Sun, 30 Jun 1996 10:52:20 -0700
From:      David Greenman <davidg@root.com>
To:        Tim Vanderhoek <hoek@freenet.hamilton.on.ca>
Cc:        Darrell Taylor <dtaylor@eyemagic.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ATI Mach64 cards

>On Sat, 29 Jun 1996, Darrell Taylor wrote:
>
>> Though the compatibility list for FreeBSD includes ATI Mach64 cards, the FAQ
>> says that to make these cards work, a whole stack of workarounds and
>> rebuilds will be necessary.  (Text below).  Does this state of affairs still
>> exist?   Has the bug been squashed?  Having barely survived lengthy attempts
>
>I know the newer stuff from -current has probing of com port 3
>disabled...  I imagine that 2.1.5 will also have probing of that port
>disabled by default.  Really, the only bug in 2.1-RELEASE is that com

   Actually, 2.1.5 shouldn't have this problem:

(sio.c)
----------------------------
revision 1.99.4.2
date: 1996/01/29 08:17:15;  author: bde;  state: Exp;  lines: +18 -35
Brought in some critical changes from main branch:

part of rev.1.115:
Fix the tests for being a console by reverting to the ones that
were used before the the RB_SERIAL changes...

all of rev.1.123:
Removed builtin list of port addresses.  The address for sio3
conflicted with S3 graphics cards...
---

   Note the last part about rev 1.123.

-DG