Date:      Wed, 25 Oct 2000 11:18:46 +0200
From:      Siegbert Baude <siegbert.baude@gmx.de>
To:        Antoine Beaupre <beaupran@IRO.UMontreal.CA>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can't record hifi audio on with sox on -stable

Hello Antoine,

> The sound card is a AWE32:
> sbc0: <Creative SB AWE64> at port 0x220-0x22f,0x300-0x301,0x388-0x38b irq
> 9 drq 0,5 on isa0
> pcm0: <SB DSP 4.16> on sbc0
>
> It's odd, however, that drq 0 thing... The system is a 4.1.1-stable dated
> on 2000.10.17.

drq is your DMA channel. 0,5 is AWE´s PnP suggestion for all cases, except the
standard one irq 5 drq 1,5. As your NIC is on irq 5, the PnP configuration will
therefore choose irq 9 drq 0,5 for your AWE. There should be nothing wrong about
it, but you can just try to reconfigure your NIC to irq 9, then your AWE should
get the standard irq 5, drq 1,5 assigned.
BTW, this will be exactly the same in other OSs, so if you can try if it works
under Linux, Win, BeOS or something else, you can exclude hardware errors.

Ciao
Siegbert

P.S.: I´m afraid I don´t have any sources here, to check recording for my AWE
:-(