Date:      Tue, 8 Oct 2002 14:21:50 -0700 (PDT)
From:      twig les <twigles@yahoo.com>
To:        Duncan Patton a Campbell is Dhu <freebsd@babayaga.neotext.ca>, Matt Piechota <piechota@argolis.org>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sniffer nic

Nope, nothing like that.  Just some good old L3-7
NIDS.  A couple things I was wondering though....  Is
anyone running the "ANA-62011 64-bit single port
10/100baseTX adapter" from Adaptec?  It's supported by
4.6 release, but I won't be on site for the
installation so I'm looking for easy installation
here.  This leads to the second question which is:
What kind of performance increase will I see with a
64-bit 100BT nic vs the same card running in a 32-bit
slot?  I'm tryig to figure out if it's worth the extra
$30 before I tell my boss to get it (well...ask him).

Thnx for the answers so far though.

--- Duncan Patton a Campbell is Dhu

=====