Date:      Mon, 13 Nov 2000 21:17:54 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@cup.hp.com>
Cc:        obrien@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: "make modules" kicks the first module directory twice

In message <3A10896D.E782256@cup.hp.com> Marcel Moolenaar writes:
: BTW: I'm also looking at Warner's patch. Maybe that's the better fix for
: it, but I have to dig into the Makefiles a bit more to get a better
: picture...

The implications are that make obj isn't done unless you've run make
depend first.  If a new directory is added and a make depend isn't
run, then the modules won't get built into the obj tree, but instead
will be built into $S/modules.  This isn't too bad because unless you
have multiple kernels that are skewed in version that you'll be doing
make installs from from the same tree (which isn't supported,
officially, now, but does accidentally usually work).

Warner