Date:      Sun, 13 Jun 1999 10:07:34 -0700
From:      gummibear@we.mediaone.net
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Setup Sound Card

At 02:17 PM 6/13/99 +0100, you wrote:
>On Sun, Jun 13, 1999 at 11:50:08AM -0000, Stephen wrote:
>> How to setup my Sound Blaster 16 pnp Sound card ?
>> Please tell me Step by step !
>>

>The best advice I can give is to search the -questions mail archives
>at www.freebsd.org. Not because I can't be bothered helping you,
>but because this question has been asked so many times that just
>about every problem you're likely to come across will be covered.
>
>As a start, you need ``controller  pnp0'' in your kernel config
>file. If your card doesn't have midi then use Luigi's pcm0 driver,
>else you'll need to use the Voxware drivers (the sb??? devices) in
>your kernel config file as well. Check out LINT (/usr/src/sys/i386/conf).
>Finally you'll need to re-build your kernel.

Additional advice would be to do searches for FreeBSD and Sound.  Or you
can always check out daemonnews.org or even freebsdzine.org where they have
a complete article on that subject.  It's all pretty much step by step.
You'll have to look in the archives for I think it was last months issue,
or perhaps the month before.  I'm not absolutely sure.

Joey