Date:      Tue, 27 Mar 2001 03:01:19 -0800
From:      "Thomas Lau" <lkthomas@hkicable.com>
To:        "Darren Wyn Rees" <merlin@A470.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: How can I start innd ( newsgroup server )?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Darren Wyn Rees" <merlin@A470.demon.co.uk>
To: "Thomas Lau" <lkthomas@hkicable.com>
Cc: <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Sent: Monday, March 26, 2001 10:18 AM

> On Tue, 27 Mar 2001 01:47:25 -0800, you wrote in
> <002601c0b6a2$edc4d1b0$9c10123d@thomasq1rx10yf> :
>
> >anyone have idea?
>
> It *depends*.
>
> Have you tried
>
> su news -c /usr/local/news/bin/rc.news
>
> http://www.freebsddiary.org/inn.html
>
> Provide more information/diagnostics on your problem.
>
> --
> Darren Wyn Rees             merlin@netlink.co.uk
> ASK your ISP to ADD the NEW england.* Newsgroups
> http://www.england.news-admin.org/accessfaq.html

Then I started up innd with this command:
# su news -c /usr/local/news/bin/rc.news
This account is currently not available.
Ahhh, this one took me a while to figure out.  It means the news user has
not been set up.  So I started up vipw and made the entry for news look like
this.  Use <ESCAPE> <W> <Q> to save.  Use <ESCAPE> <Q> <!> to discard
changes.

news:*:8:8::0:0:News Subsystem:/usr/local/news:/bin/sh
Then I tried again:

but why I still got This account is currently not available msg?