Date:      Mon, 24 Apr 2000 17:43:52 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Lanny Baron <lnb@heretic.cybertouch.org>
To:        Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in>
Cc:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, Noemie Buzaglo <nbuzaglo@mrs.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SMP & RAID

Rahul,
I think you are taking the word "sucks" in the wrong context. It was not
used as meaning FreeBSD "sucks" in any way. It was meant more as a
dissapointment with information I had received. Perhaps the word used was
inappropriate as the meaning was clearly misunderstood.

As far as your other comments go, there is a difference between a
"home" user and a "business" user. If you ran a business and your IT
department said they wanted an 8-way machine, and you were responsible for
the aquisition of that machine, I would think you would want to be sure
that the operating system on that machine will work with the hardware.

When you say many of "us". I do not know who "us" is. I do know that large
businesses use well known systems such as AIX, HP-UX, Solaris etc..  I
would like to see FreeBSD in the same league. I am a dedicated fan of
FreeBSD for quite some time.

-lanny