Date:      Sat, 08 Jun 1996 16:08:07 -0400
From:      chris <chris@usa.nai.net>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        davidg@Root.COM, jkh@time.cdrom.com, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: -Stable, credit card donations to FreeBSD, Inc.

Dave Andersen wrote:
>    Would it be possible for W.C., Inc. to provide facilities for FreeBSD,
> Inc. to accept donations via credit card?  Frankly, I'll be the first in
> line to send in a $25 donation for one of the servers I have littering
> the floor here.  (Yes, that's a promise).  I think that something along
> these lines, if it's not too difficult for W.C. to do, would be a huge
> contribution to FreeBSD.

WC has given a lot to FreeBSD, but as also made money off selling
CD-ROMs.  Why can't WC raise the price of the CD-ROM and kick some back
to the core team?  I'll glady buy CD-ROMS and pay extra instead of
hosing my T-1 during a sup.  What about sup subscriptions?  WC has this
incredibly fast machine that could support sup via subscription.

FreeBSD still remains free, but the easier ways of getting it require a
little extra money.  Kind of like buying media from GNU vs. downloading.

On another note, it is interesting that people who use free software
demand "rights".  Strange.