Date:      Mon, 13 May 2002 22:39:50 -0600
From:      RichardH <richardh@wsonline.net>
To:        Roberto Armenteros <rarmente@yahoo.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: vi editor behaving like a bad boy...

VI is default in almost all UNIX systems including FBSD. Before you run a=20
"command" like i for insert you need to hit esc to put you in command mode,=
=20
that would be the only problem I can see you having.

At 10:21 PM 5/13/2002, Roberto Armenteros wrote:
>I started using vi in linux and it became my favorite
>text editor. Now, in my two installations of freeBSD
>vi is practically impossible to use. The most basic
>shorcuts like pressing i or insert to start typing
>dont work. I always end up screwing up the texts i
>open with vi. I really dont know what is causing this
>problem. Is it a configuration problem? In linux vi
>would work perfectly from the default installation,
>isnt it so in freebsd? I would appreciate any input in
>this matter.
>
>    Thanks a lot,  Roberto Armenteros...

  If the automobile had followed the same development as the computer, a=20
Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per gallon, and=20
explode once a year killing everyone inside.
     =97Robert Cringely in InfoWorld=20