Date:      Mon, 5 Jul 1999 08:41:22 -0500
From:      "Mike Avery" <mavery@mail.otherwhen.com>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: how to start to be a hacker?

On 5 Jul 99, at 11:14, Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:

> "G. Adam Stanislav" <adam@whizkidtech.net> writes:
> > Yes. I remember in my early teens fantasizing about marrying Gagarin's
> > youngest daughter. :-) [For the sake of the younger generation here:
> > Gagarin was the first man in space.]
>
> Come on, give the younger generation *some* credit.

This is a rather enlightened forum, so perhaps his aside wasn't
necessary here.  However, many people in this forum were born
after Apollo landed on the moon.  For them, that is ancient history.

And for many of the more ethnocentric Americans, nothing done by
some "damn rooshin" matters anyway... "after all, they claim to have
invented everything from fire to atomic power!"

In most forums, Adam's qualifications would have been appropriate,
if not necessarily believed.

Mike

Mike Avery                            MAvery@mail.otherwhen.com
                                          (409)-842-2942 (work)
                                                  ICQ: 16241692

* Spam is for lusers who can't get business any other way *

A Randomly Selected Thought For The Day:
    I don't have a solution, but I admire the problem.