Date:      Tue, 21 Nov 2000 14:00:51 +0100 (CET)
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@ipamzlx.physik.uni-mainz.de>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PCI 64/66 RAID Controlers for FreeBSD

Dear Sirs.
I'm looking for a good, fast and supported 64 Bit PCI /66 Mhz RAID
Controler, supported in FreeBSD. Mike Smith told me that in FreeBSD 4.2
the AMI Elitae 1600 RAID controler will be supported, but I want to compare
some other products before purchasing one.

Specification should be:

PCI 64/66 interface
two channel Ultar 160 SCSI
Supported in FreeBSD

I do not need much comfort in GUI etc, but the RAID controler should be
able to be configured either by a controler own bios or by a small tool
from FreeBSD. The controler should be very reliable, fast and built up for
the future :-)

Thanks in advance,

Oliver

-