Date:      Sat, 03 Oct 1998 10:10:20 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        Nicholas Charles Brawn <ncb05@uow.edu.au>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Device Drivers for Linux and Intel's annoucement

> Unfortunately, the only way to do this is to cut into Walnut Creek's
> sales, in effect hurting its current efforts. I suspect that the reason
> there have not been alternative distributions (other than a token effort
> by Cheap Bytes) is that people do not want to do this.

I doubt that any businessman who saw a buck in this would have such
qualms at all.  There is already a very large set of individuals out
there who feel not the slightest allegiance to Walnut Creek CDROM and
would go out and start their own distribution in a heartbeat if it
weren't also for the fact that they knew how much work it was.  Again,
you seem to have a lot of general accusations to make but nothing more
concrete than "hire a marketing guy and give him some money" to make
as a suggestion, a pretty poor condensation of what's got to be
several pages of text by now.  And yes, we have just recently hired a
marketing guy and given him some money, as I already stated in another
posting, and your unwillingness to even give him time to succeed
before going for Walnut Creek CDROM's jugular does you no credit.

- Jordan