Date:      Wed, 17 Jun 1998 16:33:22 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
To:        Sean Kelly <kelly@plutotech.com>
Cc:        java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: displaying HTML docs with JEditorPane?

Thanks for the response. :)  As much as I try I can't seem
to get this to work either. :(  The relevant code now looks
like:

import com.sun.java.swing.text.*;
import com.sun.java.swing.text.html.*;
JEditorPane htmlPane = new JEditorPane();
Document doc = HTMLEditorKit.createDefaultDocument();
try {
	doc.insertString(0, someString, null);
} catch (Exception ex) {
}
htmlPane.setDocument(doc);

And when I compile it I see this.

javac -classpath ....
foo.java:151: Can't make static reference to method
com.sun.java.swing.text.document createDefaultDocument() in class
com.sun.java.swing.text.html.HTMLEditorKit.

		Document doc = HTMLEditorKit.createDefaultDocument();
		                                                  ^
1 error
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'

I have downloaded an article by Tim Prinzing that I found
at the Swing Connection and am reading that right now.  I
will keep my fingers crossed.

Steve