Date:      Wed, 8 Mar 2000 01:02:29 +1000 (EST)
From:      Idea Receiver <receiver@RedDust.BlueSky.net.au>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@hub.freebsd.org>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3.4 -> 4.0 upgrade problems

On Tue, 7 Mar 2000, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> Okay, I did some testing on my new scratch box by first installing 3.4
> from the CD and then attempting a source upgrade to 4.0: buildworld
> completed fine, but following the directions in UPDATING was not enough to
> get the kernel built.
>
> 1) genassym and config were complaining about not being able to find
> libc.so.4 when I installed them. Workaround: go back and rebuild with with
> CFLAGS="-static"

what i did is just go to genassym directory, do "make clean depend all
install". it will then fix the problem.

> 2) When trying to build a GENERIC kernel, the build died with:
>
> Solution: 'make buildkernel' in /usr/src seemed to do the trick.

i was try to rebuild "config" and it will also fix the problem.
jus do "make clean depend all install" :-)

I dont know if "my solution" going to cause any problem, but it simply
sovle both GENERIC kernel and genassym problem.

btw, I have problem to make release, it kept complain about that i didnt
set the USA_RESIDENT, however, I did! both in /etc and /etc/defaults. Can
please someone help me out with this as well..

thanks :)