Date:      Fri, 13 Oct 1995 18:52:47 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        cam@pinnacle.co.nz (Cam Mander-Merrilees)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on an Altos 386

Cam Mander-Merrilees stands accused of saying:

> We have an OLD Altos 386 with :
>     8 MB RAM
>     60MB QIC Streaming Tape drive (ESDI ?)
>     1.2 MB 5.25" Floppy disk drive (ESDI ?)
>     Ethernet Card
>     370 MB SCSI Hard Drive
> >
> Is this possible ???

Depends.  Is this a PC-architecture system, or one of those revolting Altos
Xenix machines?  If the former, what is the ethernet card?

The tape is probably QIC, and the floppy is certainly not ESDI 8)

> Campbell Mander-Merrilees              e-mail : cam@pinnacle.co.nz

]] High-speed data acquisition and                                      [[
]] realtime instrument control          (ph/fax) +61-8-267-3039         [[
]] My car has "demand start" -Terry Lambert  UNIX: live FreeBSD or die! [[