Date:      Fri, 30 Mar 2001 22:02:15 -0700
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@scsiguy.com>
To:        Chris Hedley <cbh@teabag.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ahc_intr - referenced scb not valid... panic for safety

>On Fri, 30 Mar 2001, Justin T. Gibbs wrote:
>> I really need the complete set of messages printed out prior to the panic.
>
>Okay, here yer go (transcribed using hi-tech ballpoint and scribbly
>handwriting, I'm afraid!)

This is certainly a bug, but some things about what you've written
make me believe that its not quite acurate.  Its really important
that the messages be correct for me to figure out what is going wrong.
Can you try one more time?  Any chance you have a second computer that
could be on the receiving end of a serial console to record the output
verbatum?

Also, your 4.3-BETA kernel seems to work okay.  Can you give me
the revision ids on all of the files in sys/dev/aic7xxx that were
used to generate that kernel?  Any chance you could step through the
commits on the -stable branch from that date forward to see which
ones broke the driver for you?  The three subsequent commits are:

revision 1.94.2.13
date: 2001/03/21 05:00:00;  author: gibbs;  state: Exp;  lines: +7 -8
MFC rev 1.115.  Don't allow our DMA engine to be re-enabled late in the
                shutdown phase of a data transfer by the idle loop fetching
                an S/G segment.

Approved by:    jkh
----------------------------
revision 1.94.2.12
date: 2001/03/19 15:09:26;  author: gibbs;  state: Exp;  lines: +4 -3
MFC: Fix phase table lookup and PCI 2.1 retry bug workaround.

Approved by:    jkh
revision 1.94.2.11
date: 2001/03/12 14:57:43;  author: gibbs;  state: Exp;  lines: +101 -70
MFC: Update to top of tree.

You can feed the dates into cvs via the -D option to sync to particular
points.  Be sure to add 10 minutes to these dates to account for time
stamp squew during the commit.

--
Justin