Date:      Thu, 16 May 2013 11:55:42 -0700
From:      Colin Percival <cperciva@freebsd.org>
To:        =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Roger_Pau_Monn=E9?= <roger.pau@citrix.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-xen@freebsd.org" <freebsd-xen@freebsd.org>, xen-devel <xen-devel@lists.xen.org>, "freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org" <freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org>, "xen-users@lists.xen.org" <xen-users@lists.xen.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD PVHVM call for testing

On 05/13/13 11:32, Roger Pau Monn=E9 wrote:=0D
> Right now the code is in a state where it can be tested by users, so we=0D
> would like to encourage FreeBSD and Xen users to test it and provide=0D
> feedback.=0D
> =0D
> The code is available in the following git repository, under the branch=0D
> pvhvm_v5:=0D
> =0D
> http://xenbits.xen.org/gitweb/?p=3Dpeople/royger/freebsd.git;a=3Dsummary=
=0D
> =0D
> Also, I've created a wiki page that explains how to set up a FreeBSD=0D
> PVHVM for testing:=0D
> =0D
> http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Testing_FreeBSD_PVHVM=0D
=0D
I built a XENHVM kernel with this code on EC2, and it hanged after=0D
> xenbusb_front0: <Xen Frontend Devices> on xenstore0=0D
=0D
With a XENHVM kernel from FreeBSD HEAD the next line after that is=0D
> xbd0: 10240MB <Virtual Block Device> at device/vbd/768 on xenbusb_front0=
=0D
=0D
Any ideas?=0D
=0D
-- =0D
Colin Percival=0D
Security Officer Emeritus, FreeBSD | The power to serve=0D
Founder, Tarsnap | www.tarsnap.com | Online backups for the truly paranoid=
=0D