Date:      Wed, 28 Nov 2001 15:24:18 -0800
From:      Joe Kelsey <joe@zircon.seattle.wa.us>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: linux-jdk14 and mozilla

Soeren Kalesse writes:
 > > Are you using Linux mozilla? Obviously plugin from Linux JDK will
 > > not work with FreeBSD Mozilla and vice versa. Also, Lunux JDK may
 > > not work with linux_base-7, at lease linux-jdk13 doesn't work -
 > > try linux_base-6 instead.
 >
 > Additionally You should rather copy the file instead of linking.
 > Somewhere I read that plugins won't work with sym links.

There is absolutely nothing related to symlinks that can possibly
disturb the plugin.  As long as you have installed the appropriate ports
with no modifications, the plugin contains the exact pathnames necessary
to resolve everything.

Just because you vaguely remember something related to symlinks is no
reason to spread rumors as fact.

/Joe