Date:      Tue, 6 Aug 1996 14:20:40 -0700
From:      "Neil C. Jensen" <njensen@salsa.habaneros.com>
To:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   chroot

I'm running into some difficulties chroot'ing users, and the man pages =
aren't explicit enough for a novice like myself :(.

I have tried the following so far;

1. using "/usr/sbin/chroot /user's_home_directory"  as the login shell =
gives a "permission denied" error.

2. Then I tried using a script as the shell in the password file. The =
script simply chrooted to the user's home directory, and I suid'd it to =
hopefully overcome any permissions problems. Unfortunately, I still get =
Permission Denied. =20

I have already populate the chroot directory with the necessary /bin/sh =
and a few other utilites to get goin.

I'm sure I'm just missing something simple - does anyone have any =
pointers?

Thanks in advance.

Neil Jensen
Habanero Studios Ltd.