Date:      Wed, 5 Sep 2001 10:57:28 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Chris Pockele <chrisp@belgacom.net>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   conf/30341: be keymap: wrong Capslock behaviour with some keys

>Number:         30341
>Category:       conf
>Synopsis:       be keymap: wrong Capslock behaviour with some keys
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
I'm using the Belgian keyboard layout (be.iso).
(This problem applies only to the console, not X.)
When Capslock is on, pressing the M key (located right to the L on a
be-keyboard), it produces an "m", when pressing it simultaneously with
shift while capslock is on, it produces an "M".  This is the same
behaviour as with capslock turned off, but it should be the other way
around.
Pressing the <? ,> (right to the N) key when capslock is on produces
a "?" without shift, "," with shift.  This is not consistent with the
other non-letter keys.
So it seems to me that Caps Lock behaves the same as with a US map.
>How-To-Repeat:
Load the be.iso.kbd or be.iso.acc.kbd keymaps (both have the errors),
and try the keypresses described.  Note that having a Belgian keyboard
would be handy :-).
I didn't find any other similar bugs, just with the M and <? ,> keys.
The french keymap seems to be ok, I didn't test any others.
>Fix:
I fixed 2 lines in be.iso.kbd to create a corrected keymap:

%cd /usr/share/syscons/keymaps/
%diff be.iso.kbd be.corr.kbd
45c45
<   039   'm'    'M'    cr     cr     'm'    'M'    cr     cr      O
---
>   039   'm'    'M'    cr     cr     'm'    'M'    cr     cr      C
56c56
<   050   ','    '?'    nop    nop    ','    '?'    nop    nop     C
---
%