Date:      Wed, 19 Oct 2011 09:21:02 +1100
From:      richo <richo@psych0tik.net>
To:        freebsd-ppc <freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   binutils + ppc64

--h31gzZEtNLTqOjlF

Hi List,

I'm hoping this isn't a similar case of having not RTFM like last time.

I've got FreeBSD 9.0 BETA3 installed on my iMac (powerpc64) but the binutils
port fails to proceed.

I'm not quite sure I understand the issue, it suggests that freebsd/powerpc=
64
is not a supported architecture for ld, which is supported the file
referencced, my questions are

1) Is work in progress on this?
2) How trivial is it to fix this? Is it a well documented process that simp=
ly
needs to be applied to this platform, or is there low-level
powerpc-understanding wizardry involved?

I have tried searching for more info, but I think all the keywords are so
general that I'm having trouble digging through all the false positives.

The error in question is

*** ld does not support target powerpc64-portbld-freebsd9.9
*** see ld/configure.tgt for supported targets
gmake[1]: *** [configure-ld] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/devel/binutils/work/binutils-2.21.1'
gmake: *** [all] Error 2
*** Error code 1

Thanks in advance

--=20
richo || Today's excuse:=20

The co-locator cannot verify the frame-relay gateway to the ISDN server.

--h31gzZEtNLTqOjlF

--h31gzZEtNLTqOjlF--