Date:      Wed, 10 Jan 1996 20:33:55 +1030 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        root@synthcom.com (Neil Bradley)
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, hasty@rah.star-gate.com, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PnP problem...

Neil Bradley stands accused of saying:

> Back when I designed BIOSes for P5 motherboards, we'd initialize ISA

You realise that this was an incredibly brave thing to admit to?

As an example; FreeBSD has trouble reliably rebooting a number of
motherboards; the ones I've had problems with were all 486 systems,
but I'm sure there were some P5 boards with the same problems.

Could you detail the appropriate steps to take to reliably force a
reboot from protected mode?  And could whoever was in there last
(Rod I suspect...) look and see how this compares with the way we do
things?

(Obviously I'll look as well, but I can't propose that I'll understand
it all...)

]] "Who does BSD?" "We do Chucky, we do."                               [[