Date:      Tue, 24 Feb 1998 09:06:57 +0100
From:      Lars Koeller <Lars.Koeller@post.uni-bielefeld.de>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        Lars Koeller <Lars.Koeller@post.uni-bielefeld.de> freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Conclusion: Seagate Python firmware and hanging SCBs on 2940!

----------

Oh!

 > On Tue, 24 February 1998 at  8:28:40 +0100, Lars Koeller wrote:
 > > --------
 > >
 > > Hi!
 > >
 > > Just for your information! Don't use any combination of Seagate Python DAT
 > > drives, Adaptec 2940 SCSI controller and FreeBSD or Linux!
 >
 > This is somewhat overstating the case.  I've been using exactly that
 > combination for 15 months, and I've been very satisfied.

Hmmmm! Are you enable tagged comman queuing? What software? Tar seems
to be o.k. dump most time can recover (better survive) 2 hanging SCB!
But software which does continuous write lage blocks (30MB) and have
a really high optimizing buffer queuing algorithm seems to mak
problems, please test

    ftp://ftp.zn.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/pub/linux/afbackup-2.11.3.tar.gz

Lars
--
E-Mail:                                     |  Lars Koeller
  Lars.Koeller@Uni-Bielefeld.DE              |  UNIX Sysadmin