Date:      Tue, 15 May 2001 17:31:35 +0200
From:      Tor.Egge@fast.no
To:        lars@odin-corporation.com
Cc:        smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Any reason why we don't use irqs above 15 on SMP systems?

> Hi,
> A while back I seem to recall that if you ran on an SMP system, that you
> would end up with essentially 32 irqs. That doesn't seem to happen any
> more. This particular motherboard (Supermicro P6DNE) is configured with
> PNP OS set to yes. That is the only way I can get this box up and
> running. Otherwise, it  assigns every PCI board irq 11, and a that
> point, no interupts are comming through.

On -stable, it's 24 low level interrupt handlers.

The binding of (APIC id, intpin) pairs to low level interrupt handler
numbers is deferred for PCI devices until the probe routine asks for
which interrupt the device uses.  The first free low level interrupt
handler is then allocated for that (APIC id, intpin) pair.

Multiple PCI devices described in the MP table as sharing the same
(APIC id, intpin) pair will share the same low level interrupt
handler.

- Tor Egge