Date:      Mon, 15 Feb 1999 22:34:29 -0800 (PST)
From:      Vincent Poy <vince@venus.GAIANET.NET>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   de0 problem under 3.0-RELEASE

Greetings everyone,

	We have a LinkSys 10/100 NIC that works fine with 2.2.6-RELEASE
but fails under 3.0-RELEASE with the de0 driver.  It uses the DEC 21140
chip.  The message we keep getting on bootup is:
de0: autosense failed: Cable problem?

	We have tried replacing the card with a Netgear card that uses the
DEC 21140A and while it works for the ethernet interface, it doesn't route
90% of the stuff from the LAN to the ETinc router card's interface which
is the default route.  Gateway is enabled in rc.conf and sysctl -a shows
net.inet.ip.forwarding: 1.

	Does anyone know what the exact cause of it is since the Linksys
card works fine in another machine that runs 2.2.6-RELEASE.

Cheers,
Vince - vince@MCESTATE.COM - vince@GAIANET.NET           ________   __ ____
Unix Networking Operations - FreeBSD-Real Unix for Free / / / / |  / |[__  ]
GaiaNet Corporation - M & C Estate                     / / / /  | /  | __] ]
Beverly Hills, California USA 90210                   / / / / / |/ / | __] ]
HongKong Stars/Gravis UltraSound Mailing Lists Admin /_/_/_/_/|___/|_|[____]