Date:      Tue, 4 Apr 2006 09:22:15 +0200
From:      "Morten A. Middelthon" <morten@freenix.no>
To:        Helge.Oldach@atosorigin.com
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gnokii on FreeBSD 6.0 and Dell PE 2850

--HWvPVVuAAfuRc6SZ

On Fri, Mar 24, 2006 at 12:13:50PM +0100, Helge.Oldach@atosorigin.com wrote:
> =20
> > Mar 22 08:41:38 nefarian kernel: sio0: 2 more silo overflows (total
> 16)
>=20
> This is often related to interrupt contention. Probably your new machine
> shares
> the IRQ of /dev/cuad0 with other devices. If another device hangs on the
> IRQ for
> too long, the cuad0 silo will overflow and you are losing characters,
> which
> probably cause the gnokii conversation with the phone to fail. Try
> tweaking your=20
> BIOS so that cuad0 doesn't share interrupts.
>=20
> I've seen other suggestions, such as fiddling with HZ and modifying
> sio.c but
> this one is probably the simplest.

Hi,

thanks for the good suggestion. Unfortunately I haven't had the chance to
experiment with the IRQs as you suggested, as I needed gnokii back up and
working quickly. See my previous mail to this list today for further info :)

Anyway, thanks for your time

with regards,

--=20
Morten A. Middelthon

75% of the Earth is covered by water, Jeeps cover the rest.

--HWvPVVuAAfuRc6SZ

--HWvPVVuAAfuRc6SZ--